In this course, you will learn a five-step, problem-solving model. After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe how decisions made before an emergency affect decision making and problem solving during an emergency.
- Describe the steps in the problem-solving model.
- Review a case study and distinguish the problem from its causes and symptoms.
- Course Introduction
- Case Study – Mandatory or Voluntary Evacuation
- The Starting Point
- Step 1: Identify the Problem
- Step 2: Explore Alternatives
- Step 3: Select an Alternative
- Step 4: Implement the Solution
- Step 5: Evaluate the Solution
There is a short quiz at the end of some lessons as well as a final quiz at the end.
- 5 Steps to Problem Solving Cheat Sheet
- Step 1 Job Aid: Checklist for Identifying, Defining, and Analyzing Problems
- Step 2 Job Aid: Criteria for Evaluating Alternatives
- Step 3 Job Aid: Best Solutions
- Step 4 Job Aid: Action Planning Checklist
- Step 5 Job Aid: Checklist for Evaluating the Results
Length: 60 Minutes
Certificate: A PreparedEx certificate of completion is provided after the final quiz has been completed.