The Crisis Simulation Exercise eLearning Course
TO ALL CORPORATE CRISIS, EMERGENCY, SECURITY, COMMUNICATION AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY PROFESSIONALS:
- Do you need to understand why and how exercises are conducted?
- Are you tired of the same old boring power point scenarios?
- Do you want to create a better learning experience for your company?
Understanding how to create engaging and dynamic crisis, emergency, security and business continuity exercises can be a daunting task. PreparedEx’s team of exercise specialists have years of experience from careers in the military and the emergency response community. Discover how these industry leaders have created a course that provides you with the necessary tools to become proficient in exercise management. Their wealth of knowledge and practical expertise are transferred in this online course through a series of lessons that guide you through the necessary steps to start designing, delivering and evaluating your own exercises today!
This eLearning course is made up of nine lessons with one or more topics within each lesson. Some lessons have a quiz and others don’t.
- Course Introduction: The history of exercises, course objectives and overview
- Exercise Types: Learn the differences between the various types of exercises
- Objectives and Criteria: Learn how to set exercise objectives and create an evaluation criteria
- Scenario Development: In this lesson, learn how to write a scenario that is both creative and customized
- Exercise Preparation: There’s nothing worse than not being ready for your training event. This lesson will ensure you and your exercise team are fully prepared
- Exercise Process: Learn the importance of the “opening brief” and how simulated actions through role playing can make for a more engaging event
- Debrief and Evaluation: Understand how to evaluate the exercise and conduct a thorough debrief
- The Exercise Playbook: This bonus lesson provides you with some additional tips and tricks when designing your own exercises
- Course Summary: A summation of the course
There is a final quiz at the end of the course that requires a score of 75% or higher to receive your certificate of completion. Don’t worry, we give you two attempts. Certificate: A course certificate of completion will be issued upon completion of the course
- A Template MSEL (Master Sequence of Events Log) to help with the development of scenarios
- An Exercise Guide – A start to finish exercise design guide that will really help you stay organized
- Terms and Definitions – A synopsis of the most common exercise terms and definitions
- Corporate War Games – A short case study
- Blogs – Access to multiple blog articles on the subject of exercises
- eBook - 5 Steps to Creating and Delivering Tabletop Exercises ($37 Value)
Length: 60 to 90 Minutes (Average)